1/4/13

Make your life more beautiful: ORGANIZE YOUR MAKEUP with Five tips-BBW Makeup


We are sharing the tips, tricks and all the best there is to know about living your life beautifully. In this edition of the series, Brit Morin of the Beauty Squad rounds up her favorite ways to organize makeup.

There’s nothing that stresses me out more than being in a rush and not being able to find a particular eye shadow or lipstick that I need to complete my look. That’s why I’m always searching for ways to organize my products so that it’s easy to locate what I need. Plus, I want them to look good! These five makeup storage ideas are some of the best ways I've found to keep my beauty stash nice and neat.

THE CUSTOM PALETTE

I’m going to start with one of my favorite solutions. It’s simple to put together, cuts down on the space needed to store your makeup and makes it easier to find what you really need. Just pop your favorite colors out of all your old makeup palettes and glue them inside a new storage case. You can use a pencil case, old CD case or even an Altoids case. Toss it in your purse so that you have all your favorite colors while you’re on the go!


 2,THE MAKEUP KIT
Jouer's name means "to play" in French, and that's exactly what you can do with the brand's products! They’re designed to snap and slide in and out of each case, enabling you to create a customizable makeup kit with no set size.




 3,COUNTERTOP STORAGE
This is a relatively simple idea, but really effective. All you have to do is buy a block of foam used for arranging flowers, then carve out holes to hold your brushes and gussy it up however you wish (I’m loving the studs). It’s perfect for displaying your cosmetics on the counter, and I’m betting it would also work great to organize your makeup inside of a drawer.






 4,THE MAGNETIC MAKEUP BOARD
One of the biggest problems about stashing makeup in a drawer is that you have to shuffle through all your products just to grab the one you want. This quick fix solves that problem and puts your products on display in an aesthetically pleasing way by repurposing an old picture frame. Just get a sheet of metal cut to the size of any old frame and cover it with fabric. Then add small magnets onto all of your beauty essentials for easy, removable hanging.




5, THE PORTABLE ORGANIZER


This is an incredibly portable way to keep your makeup organized. Each of your products comes in a tube that fits into the slots of the cylindrical holder. The product number and color are displayed on top so you can quickly grab the item you need without having to take any of the others out. I’m obsessed with the lid that serves triple-duty as a mirror, powder case and, well, a lid.


Also read: Makeup tips for plus sized women